Monday, June 11, 2007

Word on Global Session and Dress!

I finally heard back that my abstract for a Global Session at the conference was not accepted. It's a bit disappointing, as I believe the topic--supporting mothers nursing to 3 and beyond--does not receive enough coverage at LLL events. I hope that the book I am working on will do something to remedy this, but that's a story for another time...

However, in another way, it is a relief that I won't be leading a session. I was wondering how I was going to deal with then 8 1/2 month old DD if I was actually in charge of facilitating a roundtable discussion. I mean, I will be attending all my sessions with her, but if she is restless, I can always leave and catch it later via podcast or tape. And as one person pointed out to me, those encounters outside sessions with other Leaders and mothers from around the world can be the most valuable experiences from the conference. I'm also glad I won't be missing one of the sessions I signed up for because I have to lead one.

It's a mixed bag, but I'm sure the conference will be enriching nonetheless!

***

On a completely different note, I ordered a nursing dress for the Gala online last night. I don't currently own a nursing dress since I'm such a casual dresser, and there are no actual physical stores nearby that carry things like that in my area. Hope it fits and looks all right. I have no idea how formal the Gala will be, so I just hope it's enough! :)

1 comment:

MacMom said...

I don't really have fancy clothes for the Gala, either. I probably won't be going to this one, but in the past I have worn whatever I could pull out of my closet that looked sort of dressy.