Saturday, July 28, 2007

Conference Notes

The conference was very enjoyable but ended up being a complicated affair. Their were lots of good points and a few not-so-good ones. Here's a run-down:

The best:
  • Chats with my roommate and with Leaders that I'd only previously met online.
  • The chance to eat some tasty food that I don't get often, like sushi!
  • Enjoyable sessions: I really enjoyed the sessions on newborn self-attachment (Kitty Franz) and simplicity parenting (Kim John Payne). The first was just amazing, and I look forward to sharing what I learned. The second reinforced things I already knew about my own children.
  • The awe-inspiring Parade of Nations and the chance to see the founders. Seeing all these Leaders from around the world was amazing. It showed me how we can all be so different and still be the same!
  • Great shopping! I'm still waiting for my husband to fall over when he sees how much I spent :) There were some great things and good deals there, although I would have liked to see more baby toys and nursing wear.
  • I got to visit with an old friend from college, whom I hadn't seen in years. We had a great time catching up!
Some not-so-good things (most of which could not be helped):
  • My dear Aunt Velma, who lived in Cleveland, passed away from cancer during the conference. Because of this, planned visits with my mother and sister, who live in Illinois, were cancelled.
  • Lily and I both ended up sick by the end of the conference.
  • I never got enough sleep!
  • All the blogs in my head that were lost to my faulty memory! I had expected the Wireless Internet to be free at the hotel so I could blog from my room after Lily was asleep, but it was far from free, so I had to wait until I got home!
  • And, of course, missing my husband and son A.J. It was so quiet without my little guy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope by now you have heard about the Chicago Health Dept into a possible Norovirus outbreak at the LLL Conference! My son and I also were sick (along with many others). Fill out their report or call 312-746-6034 and report your illness so they can know the full scope of the outbreak.